Click button to submit an event for review. Events will be published within 3-4 days, if not the same day.
- This event has passed.
Rochester Storytellers Project
June 28 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The Democrat and Chronicle is hosting another edition of its popular Rochester Storytellers Project! In the middle of the Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival week, “The Sound of My Life” features a collection of true, first-person stories centered on the role music can play in defining who we are and how we express ourselves.
Expect a special night of words and impromptu musical performances, along with great food and drink from Godot’s Bar & the Geva Kitchen.
Featured storytellers include:
• Cynthia Benjamin, D&C Community Content Editor
• Phil Marshall, guitarist, singer, songwriter and musical therapist
• Brenda Tremblay, WXXI Classical Music Host
• Golden, hip hop artist
• Trevor Lake, rockabilly artist
• Susanna Rose, singer and songwriter
The D&C’s Julie Philipp will be your host for the night!
This event is appropriate for ages 14 and above.